Author
Old photos of Barnaul, Altai Krai
Coat of arms Barnaul

Cities of the World • Cities of the Russia • List of cities of Altai Krai

History of city Barnaul, Altai Krai in photos

A small historical reference

Barnaul - the center of the Altai Territory, situated in the north of the region, on the left bank of the Ob River, at the confluence of the River Ob in Barnaulka. Date of establishment - 1730. The basic version of the name "Barnaul" - from the Turkish "village Barna." The city history begins with the village during the copper-silver foundry plant Akinfiya Demidova.

By the end of XIX century the city became a major center of the merchant, there are tanning, candle, brick, brewing, soda, Fur, sawmill and other industries. During World War II the city was evacuated about one hundred industrial enterprises from Moscow, Leningrad, Odessa, Kharkov and other cities.

Sights: Altai State History Museum (1823), a unique complex of silver-plant Demidov Square ensemble and Paul lines, the building of the City Council, Trade House of Polyakov (Department Store "Red"), gymnasium Budkevich (in Krasnoarmeysk Avenue), manor of engineer Alexander Adol'fovich Lesniewski.

Date of foundation: 1730

Population: 635 585

Barnaul. Big Tobolskaya street
Big Tobolskaya street
Barnaul. Jetty of steamboats on the river Ob
Jetty of steamboats on the river Ob
Barnaul. View from the mountainous part of the city
View from the mountainous part of the city
Barnaul. Cathedral lane
Cathedral lane
Barnaul. Main Department of the Altai District
Main Department of the Altai District
Barnaul. State women's gymnasium
State women's gymnasium
Barnaul. Pond
Pond
Barnaul. View of the street Podgorny
View of the street Podgorny
Barnaul. Moscow avenue
Moscow avenue
Barnaul. The intersection of the Moscow avenue with Biysk street
The intersection of the Moscow avenue with Biysk street
Barnaul. The building of the Mining Hospital
The building of the Mining Hospital (future male gymnasium)
Barnaul. The building of City Council
The building of City Council
Barnaul. Lane Konyushenny
Lane Konyushenny (in the foreground - a Gymnasium M.F. Budkevich)
Barnaul. On steamboat jetty
On steamboat jetty
Barnaul. Nagornaya school
Nagornaya school on the street Trinity
Barnaul. Trade rows of Smirnov
Trade rows of Smirnov at the corner of Pushkin street and the Moscow avenue
Barnaul. Wharf
Wharf
Barnaul. Real College
Real College
Barnaul. Marketplace
Marketplace
Barnaul. Soldier's vzvoz
Soldier's vzvoz (now - district River Station)
Barnaul. Panorama of city
Panorama of city
Barnaul. Panorama of city
Panorama of city, 1914
Barnaul. Street Polzunova
Petropavlovskaya line (street Polzunova)
Barnaul. Trading house 'D.N. Sukhov and sons'
Trading house "D.N. Sukhov and sons"

Photos posted on the website in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.

After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.


Robinson Rd, CB 13862 Nassau, NP, The Bahamas
Flag Counter