Author
Old photos of Glazov, Udmurt Republic (Udmurtia)
Coat of arms Glazov

Cities of the World • Cities of the Russia • List of cities of Udmurtia

History of city Glazov, Udmurt Republic (Udmurtia) in photos

A small historical reference

Glazov - center Glazov district of Udmurtia, located on the north of the country, on the left bank of the river Cheptsa (tributary Vyatka). The first written mention - 1678. In 1780, by decree of Catherine II, the village Glazovo became a town. By 1856 the eye becomes the main commercial center of the county. Architectural development plan is the eye (central square), which diverge seven lashes (streets).

Interesting facts - from 1796 to 1818 years Glazov their mayor was Peter F. Tchaikovsky, the grandfather of the great Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Forming enterprise JSC "Chepetsky Mechanical Plant" for the processing of raw uranium into uranium tetrafluoride, and the production of zirconium and its alloys, calcium, rare earth metals, niobium and other related products. Within the framework of the international program "ITER" was created for the production of superconducting materials the world's first nuclear fusion reactor.

Date of foundation: The first mention - 1678

Population: 93 995

Glazov. Railway station
Railway station
Glazov. Bazaar
Bazaar in the Cathedral square
Glazov. View of the city
View of the city from the north side
Glazov. Ascension-Transfiguration Cathedral, 1911
Ascension-Transfiguration Cathedral, 1911
Glazov. Theological College
Theological College
Glazov. Ice skating
Ice skating
Glazov. Mobile film library
Mobile film library
Glazov. Ascension-Transfiguration Cathedral
Ascension-Transfiguration Cathedral
Glazov. Men's gymnasium
Men's gymnasium
Glazov. Embankment of the river Cheptsa
Embankment of the river Cheptsa
Glazov. Panorama of the city
Panorama of the city with fire tower
Glazov. Panorama of the city
Panorama of the city
Glazov. At the monument to Alexander II
At the monument to Alexander II
Glazov. Celebrating the 300th anniversary
Celebrating the 300th anniversary of the reign of the House of Romanov
Glazov. The ferry across the river Cheptsa
The ferry across the river Cheptsa, circa 1910's
Glazov. Fire Tower on Round-Ascensionstreet
Fire Tower on Round-Ascension street
Glazov. Chapel of Alexander Nevsky
Chapel of Alexander Nevsky and the house of the merchant Volkov
Glazov. Cathedral square
Cathedral square
Glazov. Nikolskaya street
Nikolskaya street
Glazov. Nikolskaya street
Nikolskaya street
Glazov. The Church of St. George
The Church of St. George at the Red Square
Glazov. Preobrazhenskaya street
Preobrazhenskaya street
Glazov. Preobrazhenskaya street
Preobrazhenskaya street
Glazov. City market
City market

Photos posted on the website in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.

After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.


Site created 26.10.2016. I labor for .

Яндекс.Метрика