A small historical reference
Krasnoyarsk - center of Krasnoyarsk Territory, in the south of the region, on both banks of the Yenisei. It is the largest cultural, economic, industrial and educational center of Central and Eastern Siberia. The city history begins from the "small" fort's under the name of Kpasny Yar. Date of establishment - 1628. Earlier names - Novokachinsky jail (from 1631), Big jail (since 1659 on 1690 years).
In 1756, close to the town was founded ironworks merchant N. Vlasyevsky. In 1833, also in the vicinity of the city it was built Znamenskii Glassworks. In 1853, when the plant was built earthenware factory, releases dishes, plates, bowls, cups, basins, saucers and other basic household items. In 1828, the beginning of the "gold rush" in Siberia, Krasnoyarsk prosperous merchant becomes a major center of Siberia.
Date of foundation: 1628
Population: 1 066 934