History of city Leninogorsk, Republic of Tatarstan in photos
A small historical reference
Date of foundation: 1795
History: Former names - village Novaya Pismyanka
Population: 63 314
Central Square named after Lenin, 1962
City Party Committee, circa 1970
Club named after Mayakovsky, on the right - House of Pioneers', circa 1960
Lenin Avenue, circa 1960
Ordzhonikidze Street, circa 1960
Panorama of the city and of oil technical college (under construction), circa 1970s
Stadium 'Youth', 1970s
The first settlement, Mostovaya Street, now Friendship of Nations, 1959
Photos posted on the website in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.
After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.