History of city Mirny, Sakha (Yakutia) Republic in photos
A small historical reference
Mirny - the center of Mirny district in Yakutia republic, diamond "capital" of Russia, located in the west of Yakutia, on the river Irelyakh. The city history begins with the opening in 1955 year diamond deposits - kimberlite pipe "Mir". In 1957 he started diamond mining open pit (quarry "World"), which lasted for 44 year (until 2001). Processing diamond was done in factories 1, 2 and number 3.
The basis of the economy of the city - Stock Company "ALROSA", engaged in diamond mining in the territory of Mirny, Anabar, Nurba ulus and their subsequent implementation.
Date of foundation: 1955
Population: 35 376
Construction of city, 1957
Enrichment Plant, 1960s
Photos posted on the website in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.
After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.