History of city Naberezhnye Chelny, Republic of Tatarstan in photos
A small historical reference
Naberezhnye Chelny - the second most populous city of Tatarstan, located in the north-east of the country, on the left bank of the Kama River and the Nizhnekamsk reservoir. Date of establishment - 1626. The first settlement in this area - Chalninsky repairs (later the village capes Chelny, 1930 - Red Chelny), and the city is based on the story later on the neighboring village of Berezhnaya Chelny. Earlier names - Brezhnev (from 19 November 1982 to 6 January 1988). By the end of XIX century the city - a major center of the grain trade.
In Soviet times the city has gained international fame thanks to the Kama Automobile Plant. In addition to plant in many businesses - power generation (Nizhnekamsk HPP), construction industry, food processing industry, tractor plant.
Date of foundation: 1626
Population: 529 797
Central street and St. Nicholas Church
Construction of a residential microdistrict '2nd complex'
Elevator for grains on Kama River, 1919
Forging plant, department of hiring to work
Old town, central street
Pier of MK Kashina
Trading house of Khalfins
Photos posted on the website in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.
After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.