A small historical reference
Nikolaevsk-on-Amur - the center of Nikolaev district of Khabarovsk territory, located on the east territory, on the left bank of the Amur River, near its mouth. Previous name - Nikolayev (until 1926). The city history begins with the Russian navigator, Captain First Rank Gennady Nevelsk, which in the course of the Amur expedition 1849-1855 years in the mouth of the Amur founded August 1, 1850 military post administrative settlement Nicholas. November 14, 1856 on the locate of Nicholas Lent was founded the city of Nikolaevsk. Build a factory for the assembly and repair of ships.
In the late 80-ies of the XIX century, it was discovered deposits of gold. The city gradually became the center of the Far East gold miners. There are gold a melting laboratory, office Okhotsk and Amur-Orelsky gold mining companies. In 1896-1899 years in Nikolaevsk begins lifting the fishing industry. Is reborn shipbuilding, the company also created for the production Packaging Barrels, timber processing, and so on. The city became the second most important Far Eastern port.
Date of foundation: 1850
Population: 19 135