History of city Pokrovsk, Sakha (Yakutia) Republic in photos
A small historical reference
Pokrovsk - center of Khangalassky ulus of Yakutia, located south of the central part of republic, on the left bank of the Lena. The city history begins with the old guard post Tygyn Darkhan. In 1703 year the hermits of the Spassky Monastery from Yakutsk moved to a new location and established a kind of branch of the monastery called the Intercession of the desert. In 1720, a church was built here. The settlement was then yamschitsky station Prilenskoye tract. In 1895 Pokrovsk became the parish center Prilenskoye peasant coachmen, includes 20 stations from Tobago to Sanyyahtaaha.
The city's economy - forestry; fur farms engaged in breeding silver foxes, sable; feed mill plant; plant of construction materials; asphalt and bitumen factory; plant for the production of basalt products.
Date of foundation: 1682
Population: 9 177
Steam Needle warming of permafrost at construction of buildings
Movements of the ice on the Lena River
Selection station, 1950s
Construction of a brick factory
Photos posted on the website in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.
After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.