Author
Old photos of Tsivilsk, Chuvash Republic
 

Cities of the World | Cities of the Russia | List of cities of Chuvashia

History of city Tsivilsk, Chuvash Republic in photos

A small historical reference

Tsivilsk - center of Tsivilsky district of Chuvashia region, located in the northeast of region, at the confluence of the rivers Big and Small Tsivil. The city history begins with the military stronghold of the Russian Empire on the site of the Chuvashian village Syurbeevo. The first inhabitants - archers, gunners, clerks builders, knights children, clergy. In the XVII century the city from the military becomes a commercial and industrial.

The city's economy is represented by enterprises - repair plant, an experimental pilot plant "Tsivilskhmelmash", food enterprises (dairy plant, bakery), penkozavod, hmelefabrika, brick factory.

Date of foundation: 1589

Population: 14 328

Tsivilsk. Central Library
Central Library
Tsivilsk. House of Kurbatov's merchants
House of Kurbatov's merchants
Tsivilsk. Bridge over the Tsivil River
Bridge over the Tsivil River
Tsivilsk. Panorama of the city
Panorama of the city
Tsivilsk. Professional technical school
Professional technical school
Tsivilsk. Flood, 1908
Flood, 1908
Tsivilsk. Tikhvin Monastery
Tikhvin Monastery
Tsivilsk. Fair
Fair

Photos posted on the website in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 1 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 9 September 1886, the term of protection which is fifty years after the author's death.

After this period photos it becomes public domain. The participants of the Berne Convention are 167 States.


Robinson Rd, CB 13862 Nassau, NP, The Bahamas
Flag Counter