A small historical reference
Yadrin - center of Yadrinsky district of Chuvashia, located in the northwest of republic, on the banks of the river Sura. Previous name - Yadrinsky. The city history begins with the military-feudal fortifications on the eastern outskirts of the Russian Empire. The first inhabitants - archers, gunners, knights and other soldiers, whose numbers in the first half of XVII century reached 195 people. At the beginning of the XVIII century, the city lost the military watchdog value and the main occupation of the inhabitants was agriculture, commerce and handicrafts.
The modern economy Yadrin - machine works, industrial combine, distillery (closed), a brick factory, meat, dairy, near the city, on the bank of the Sura, is Chuvash stud. Attractions - Mihailoarhangelskaya church (end of XVII - the beginning of the XVIII century), Trinity Church (1829), home of the XIX century (the building of the former secondary school, the Treasury, email, and other regional library).
Date of foundation: 1590
Population: 8 451