A small historical reference
Yakutsk - the capital of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), located in the central part of the republic , in the valley Tuymaada, on the left bank of the Lena River. Date of establishment - 1632. Previous name - Lensky Ostrog, Yakut jail. The city history begins with the Yeniseian centurion Peter Beketov, who survey the banks of the River Lena, laid the September 25, 1632 Yakut (Lensky) fort on the right bank of the river, 70 km downstream from the location of the modern Yakutsk, on the ground borogonskih Yakuts.
Yakutsk has no powerful industrial potential, but 60% of able-bodied citizens are employed in the service sector and trade. In the city a large number of markets (Capital, Saysary, Indoor, Construction, Car market), shopping centers, wholesale and retail warehouses, shops and stalls. In the service sector are well represented avtoservice , cafes, mini-hotels, hairdressers, private clinics, laundries, repair of electronics, real estate agencies, construction and transport firms.
Date of foundation: 1632
Population: 303 836