A small historical reference
Sarapul - center Sarapulsky district of Udmurtia, located in the south-east of the country, on the right bank of the Kama river, on the border with the Republic of Bashkortostan. The first written mention as the village of Voznesenskoye - 1579. From 1707 it becomes a palace village called Sarapul (basic version name of the city - a Turkic name starlet "Sara Pul" - yellow fish). In 1780, the village becomes a city and subsequently became the center hlebotorgovli, shoe and leather industry.
Interesting fact - the birthplace of the city Sarapul trooper virgins Nadezhda Durova, served in the army Kutuzov. Landmarks - Red Square, Fire Tower (1887), the Church - Intercession (1791), Resurrection (1821) and Xenia of St. Petersburg (1912).
Date of foundation: The first mention - 1621
Population: 98 569