A small historical reference
Sterlitamak - Bashkortostan region Sterlitamaksky center, located south of the central part of the country, on the left bank of the White River (a tributary of the Kama River), at the confluence of Ashkadar and erased. Date of foundation and the first written mention - 1766. The city history begins with the founding of a merchant Sawa Nikiforovich Tetyushevym on the river in 1766 Ashkadar hydrochloric pier for taking Iletsk salt.
During the war, we were evacuated to Sterlitamak many industries - Odessa Machine Tool Plant named after Lenin, equipment factory number 59 Commissariat ammunition named after Petrovsky from Voroshilovgrad region, the Slavic Donetsk and soda plants, Novo-Podolsky, Bryansk, Volkhov cement plants, the Baku factory "Red Proletarian" Kongressovskogo sugar factory, two shops, a shoe factory and training of the Moscow-leather shoe plant. In 1945, put into operation soda-cement plant (Production Association "Soda"), in 1960 - Synthetic Rubber Plant in 1964 - Chemical Plant "Caustic".
Population: 279 692