A small historical reference
Zarinsk - Center zarinsky district of the Altai Territory, situated on the north-eastern region, on the river Chumysh (a tributary of the Ob River). The first written mention - 1748. Previous name - Sorokino, Zarinsk. The city history begins with the union of the village and station Sorokino village Zarinsky.
At the time of unification in the village of Sorokino already operated a brick factory, a brewery, three-storey school, cinema "Mir", a library, a kindergarten "Teremok", House of Culture and the House of Life, sanitary-epidemiological station, animal hospital, road construction management number 2 shops and amusement park with rides and a dance floor.
Main enterprise of city - a coke plant, 70% of production is exported to India, Germany, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Slovakia.
Date of foundation: 1952. Town status - 1979.
Population: 47 035